Jr. Experience Partner Development Consultant
$55K + Super + Bonuses
About the job
Want to challenge yourself at a high-growth startup & make a difference in the world?
This is an amazing opportunity to join a young and dynamic team in Australia’s best industry.
Let’s introduce ourselves
The purpose of our company is to encourage people to live life through unique experiences.
BananaLab has been created after a long day of surfing by Tom and Eric, two very active people who love traveling, soaking up the outdoors, trying new restaurants, and generally living fun, fulfilling lifestyles. Offering each other and to friends and family experiences on every occasion.
BananaLab’s concept is simple, you need a great gift for someone, you can pick a Bananalab gift box and offer it. Your giftee will discover in the gift box, a booklet that lists a wide range of experiences such as indoor skydiving, a diner in a nice restaurant or even a massage; and a pass that invites them to choose, book and enjoy the experience of their choice without any extra cost. Every experience that is listed has been pre-packaged to match the price of the gift box, this is why giftees don’t need to top up, they just use their pass to book, it’s simple as that.
BananaLab differentiates themselves from their competitors by leaving the choice of the experience in the hands of the giftee, ensuring that there will never be a need for exchanges or refunds. With over 1100 experiences available, BananaLab has made it easy to select the ideal experience, no matter the receiver’s age, interests, skills, or location - a point that is especially pertinent given the wide range of businesses and communities that have been negatively affected by both the bushfires and prolonged lockdowns that have occurred for the past few years.
The team have always made it a point to support local economies by prioritising partnerships with local providers offering one-of-a-kind experiences.
Your mission and key responsibilities will include:
• Outbound sale activities incl. cold and warm calling, appointment setting, presentations etc.
• Optimise the onboarding journey for our Experience Partners.
• Search and find new Prospects that fits the Company’s strategy.
• Manage and nurture a pipeline to ensure constant opportunities to convert to revenue.
• Develop and engage in relationships with new and existing Experience Partners in line with company guidelines.
• Enrol new Partners into the Company’s network.
• Maintain close relationship with existing Partners and Prospects and address any issue they may raise.
• Define and Maintain the Experience Partnerships development strategy in line with the Company’s strategy
• Client and Partners retention and satisfaction – Collaborating with the Customers and Partners Care team to ensure BananaLab has a strong
reputation for a customer-centric delivery, fostering the client and partner relationship throughout the entire sale cycle and beyond.
• Report to your Reporting Manager on both strategy and operations on a Daily and on a Weekly basis.
Not for the faint-hearted, BananaLab provides a fun, fast-paced working environment in which you must be willing and able to take ownership of your role and associated processes. We have high standards and expect you to be a passionate brand ambassador and ensure our key brand messages are effectively communicated.
We would love to hear from you if:
• You’re a great communicator, both written and verbal, with an ability to explain complex issues in plain language. Your English needs to be excellent, no
• You have a strong work ethic and high standards, which is reflected in the quality of your work and your ability to hit both your individual and team
• You show initiative, take ownership and have great time management skills
• You have a sweet spot for IT stuff, master Microsoft Office including playing with excel and doing great pivot tables but also being able to discover and
use CRMs (i.e: Hubspot)
• You’re resourceful and creative, always thinking of new and better ways to do something and fiond creative solutions to overcome challenges
• You work well both independently and, in a collaborative, team environment
And most of all, you care about our partners and their happiness!
It would be even better if you have this little extra experience:
• Proven experience in both developing and operationalising commercial strategies (experience in tourism, restaurant or hospitality industry preferred)
• Strong, current set of relevant high-level brand relationships • Advanced negotiation and presentation skills with a proven track record of successful
• Demonstrated creativity and innovation in developing new business, partnership and campaign opportunities to drive market, team and business
• Ability to manage high workloads, tight deadlines and competing priorities with professionalism and a smile
What more could you bring to the table?
A positive, optimistic attitude. We’re problem solvers and we always look for the silver lining. We’re looking for someone to bring the good vibes and motivation to the team.
Experiences interest and passion. You need to have a natural passion for travel and wellness with a touch of curiosity for the latest new trendy hotels and restaurants experiences.
Personality. Just be yourself and we will see how we fit together. We want our team to be entirely authentic, unique, and fun.
How you’ll work:
The good thing about working with a start-up is that even if we will ask you to work very hard and dedicate your heart and soul to the brand, we also care a LOT about our people.
Yes, you will work from home! At least in the foreseeable future, we may ask you from time to time to join the team for some “Let’s work together days”, but generally, you will be able to work from the comfort of your sofa.
We also want all our team to take some time to enjoy their passions, Yoga, surfing, music, whatever you like, we will always push you to take some time to do it!
We expect everyone to understand their importance to the business and behave like an entrepreneur in our eco-system.
The base salary for this role is $55,000 base + Super, + Bonuses. Base salary will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
We take pride in being human and investing time and love in our people, experiences and product.
If you think you’re the perfect fit for this role, please submit a CV and cover letter at email@example.com. Oh, and if you really want to impress, send us a short video as your cover letter!
Only successful candidates will be contacted.